Mazda VCM has advanced functions that make it possible for you to module reprogramming, key programming, and other functions not available in most “generic” scan tools. Want to learn more about this device or are wondering between Mazda VCM and another device? Let’s see the sharing from Eurocartool about what this tool can do and where to help you buy it at a lower cost.
What is Mazda VCM?
The vehicle Communication Module (VCM) is designed to support fault diagnosis, installation and deep programming for Ford, Mazda vehicles. This device provides all link-based functionality including Datalogger, Selftest, Service Functions, Module Configuration, and Programming, etc.
Currently, Mazda VCM is considered the best tool to help connect computers with Mazda vehicles. It is the latest version and when combined with IDS software will provide full dealer diagnostics for most 16 foot vehicles. Therefore, VCM is increasingly popular in garages and gradually replaces V121 for Ford and V121 for Mazda.
What’s special about Mazda VCM?
Automatic identification of vehicle information and VIN
After successfully connecting to the vehicle, Mazda VCM will automatically recognize the vehicle’s basic information and VIN number. This information will be displayed on the screen so that the user can monitor and check again and then proceed to diagnose and clear the fault for the vehicle.
Read, check and clear errors
Designed as a specialized diagnostic device, Mazda VCM performs the functions of reading and clearing fault codes including:
- Program and Install new ECUs (PCM, ABS, Instrument Cluster, Fuel Pump, etc.)
- Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
- Set, Adjust or Remove the Accelerator
- Re-flash new firmware for existing ECUs
- Reset steering angle
- Guide to find errors
- New key programming
- DPF Regeneration
- Injector encoder
From there, users can quickly conclude the error after diagnosing and provide a method to quickly remove the error.
Besides, Using the Ford VCM IDS scanner, you can work with the following units:
- ECM (Gasoline and diesel engines)
- PCM (Engine Management Controller / Automatic Transmission)
- NGVM (Gas powered engine)
- RAM (Pneumatic suspension system with adjustable body position)
- RAS /EVO (rear air suspension)
- ARC (Adaptive Suspension)
- SOS (Shock Absorption Control)
- 4WAL (Anti-lock braking system)
- 4WAS-4 (Anti-lock braking system)
- EVO (Variable Power Steering)
- SATC (Semi-automatic climate control) )
- RCC (Remote climate control)
- TCM (Automatic Transmission)
- ABS (Anti-lock braking system)
- IABM (Airbag)
- ECS (Collision Detection System)
- CSM (Anti-Theft System)
- SSM (Suspension and Power Steering Control)
- IVSC (Cruise Control)
- NGSC (Cruise Control)
- EATC (Climate Control)
- OTC (Overhead Trip Calculator)
- DSM (Driver’s Seat Controller)
- DDM (Driver’s Door Controller)
- PSM (Passenger Seat Controller)
- PATS (Intrusion Alarm)
- RAP (Remote control burglar alarm)
- GEM (Onboard Electronic Controller)
- HEC (Electronic Equipment Cluster)
- VIC (Optitron electronic instrument cluster)
- LCM (Lamp Controller)
- SCIL (Steering column/Instrument light controller)
- CPM (Cell Phone)
- MCM (Information Display)
- ACM (Audio System)
- CTM, FCU, GOVN, RESC, VDM, VLCM.
Various connection ports
The VCM connects to the vehicle via the 16-pin OBD-II port in the driver’s footrest and can be connected to a laptop computer via a USB cable or via 802.11 wireless technology. In fact, the device is designed to be used wirelessly and only needs to be connected via USB to update the firmware or record vehicle data.
VCM also features detachable cables for connection to the industry standard high-speed host interface as well as to the vehicle under test.
Solid texture: The VCM device is housed in a magnesium housing and an outer shell made of super-hard ABS, protecting the PCMCIA expansion slot – which can be used for wireless LAN cards or memory expansion.
Multi-language support: To help users have the best experience when using VCM devices, the manufacturer has integrated many languages in this tool. The following is a summary of languages included in VCM: English, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Turkish, Spanish, French, Italian, Croatian, Danish, German , Swedish, Finnish, Slovenian, Czech, Russian, Greek, Chinese
Supports both new and old cars: Support diagnostics and programming for Mazda vehicles from 1996 to 2010
Above is detailed information about Mazda VCM diagnostic equipment shared by Eurocartool. Hopefully, through this article, you will have more knowledge when you want to choose diagnostic equipment, remove errors for Mazda cars. If you have any questions about the software or want to know more about the device, please contact us immediately via WhatsApp:+1-848-294-6626.