Car diagnostic software is no stranger to people in the automotive industry. Maybe very many people already know about the Xentry OpenShell diagnostic software, and so is the Xentry PassThru software. However, Xentry PassThru does not use SD Connect kit C4, C5, or C6 but J2534 connector devices like Vas 5054, FVDI J2534, iOBD 2, ELM 327 Bluetooth, Autocom CDP…
Xentry PassThru is a Mercedes-Benz car diagnostic solution for independent workshops and software that runs on any commercially available PassThru device. As an investment solution for workshops that work with many automakers. The Xentry PassThru software not only takes full advantage of available connector devices but also has full access to Xentry OpenShell’s advanced features like read errors, delete errors, map locations, and repair instructions.
What is Xentry PassThru?
The Xentry PassThru is also Mercedes’s diagnostic software. It is reconstructed from the Xentry OpenShell software and connected by PassThru devices. The Xentry PassThru has full of advanced features, that help you diagnose the car systems.
Xentry Passthru Software Information
- Software name: Xentry PassThru (XPT)
- Software Type: Diagnostic Software, Look-up Software
- Version: 12/2022
- Language: Multi-language
Different from Diagnostic Software Xentry Openshell connected by SD Connect device C4, C5, C6, Diagnostic Software Xentry PassThru is connected by J2534 devices
- VAS5054 Clone
- CARDAG PLUS 2
- CARDAG PLUS 3
- BOSCH KTS 590
- PASSTHRU PRO 4
- Tabscan 6154+C
- WISCAN T6
- WISCAN T6 PRO
Xentry passthru software’s features
The Xentry diagnosis is also Mercedes’s diagnostic software. It is reconstructed from the Xentry OpenShell software, so The Xentry PassThru can do the basic features of Xentry OpenShell well.
- The software can be installed on standard devices and commercially available PassThru devices (SAE J2534 standard)
- The diagnostic range is almost complete (from error checking and clearing) except for the technical limitations linked with the J2534 device.
- More flexible than Xentry Openshell software.
However, Xentry Mercedes software still has some limitations:
- Xentry PassThru software features are dependent on the connected device J2534
- Software is restricted for some cars that use multiple networks other than J2354.
- In addition, Cause of the connection with Mercedes non-specialist diagnostic equipment, it is limited to special features that only Xentry Openshell software has such as automatic vehicle VIN identification, software simulation feature, and coding program online and offline…..
- Compared to the general-purpose diagnostic software, the Xentry PassThru diagnostic software is superior because it still integrates the lookup of the circuit diagram and the location of the details on the software.
If you need to comprehensive diagnosis for all vehicles and models of Mercedes. Eurocartool recommends using the standard diagnostic solution “XENTRY OPEN SHELL Diagnostic Software”.
Some systems can diagnose
The systems that Xentry Openshell diagnostic software can do, Xentry Passthru software can do the same such as ECM, Transmission control module: TCM, Airmatic and Active Body Control Suspension Systems: ABC, Antiskid brake: ESP / ASR / ETS / ABS / BAS / SBC, Airbag SRS, All body systems: OCP / UCP / LCP / SCM / DCM / RCM / KFB / SKF., SAM Unit: BCM, Electronic Ignition system: EIS, Air conditioning system: A/C…
Xentry Passthru j2534 Supported cars
Available diagnostic for:
- All passenger cars are certified to Euro 5 or 6 standards (Mercedes-Benz and smart cars).
- All vans (Mercedes-Benz) are certified to Euro 5 or 6.
- All commercial vehicles are certified to Euro VI standards (Mercedes-Benz, EvoBus, and FUSO brands)
- XENTRY PASSTHRU is available for all vehicles which are certified to Euro 5 and 6. Vehicles not mentioned above, XENTRY PassThru not support.
Some notes when installing Xentry PassThru software:
- Windows-compatible PC or laptop with at least Intel I5 CPU or equivalent
- Operating system: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- RAM: at least 4 GB.
- At least 150 GB free hard drive, SSD hard drive (Many websites tell you can use an HDD, but in our opinion, for the software to work most stable, you must have an SSD hard drive)
- Browser: Microsoft Edge.
- Broadband Internet connection through LAN / WLAN.
How to use Xentry diagnostics?
Although Xentry PassThru software is limited in some features compared to Xentry OpenShell software, basically the two software use the same. You can watch the tutorial article or watch the video below to understand how to use Xentry software. Video Xentry PassThru software user manual we have fully learned the software, as well as you can evaluate the use of the software.
The features are the same. To suit the work and the software exploitation feature, you should choose to use the software to satisfy your needs and work level in the most reasonable way. For more information about software or related products, you can contact us directly. Our technician’s team is ready to advise and answer your questions.
Special at Eurocartool !!!
With a professional technical team, we bring to you:
- 24/7 technical support service: Diagnosis, Coding-programing via Teamviewer
- 1-year software warranty and lifetime support
- Free repair documents for new car models with full video instruction
- Limited edition manual was written by Eurocartool’s technicians during the process of coding and programming offline Mercedes- Audi -….- BMW
Our Mercedes-Benz technicians will be available to assist you 24/7 anywhere via:
- EmaiDiagnose: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: +84388951999
good software to use for j2534