Mercedes hybrid models are new car models, they possess the technology of two propulsion engines combined to achieve excellent mobility. Is it difficult to use this new car line and what do you think you should pay attention to maintain and use it to prolong its life? Let’s follow the sharing from Eurocartool experts in the article below.
What are Mercedes Hybrid models?
Mercedes Hybrid model (also known as hybrid electric car or hybrid car) is a vehicle that uses two engine sources in parallel: an internal combustion engine and an electric motor, meaning the car runs on both gasoline and electricity.
This new technology brings a great experience to users when they want to drive for long trips. By using an electric powertrain that can be switched to gasoline, the Mercedes will be provided with greater range and greater fuel efficiency.
Mercedes Hybrid Models Lineup
Mercedes-Benz Hybrid S-Class models
The S-Class model uses hybrid technology and can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in just over 4 seconds. Currently on the market there are 2 car models including:
- 2022 S 500 4MATIC® Sedan
- S 580 4MATIC® Sedan
Mercedes-Benz Hybrid C-Class 2022 models
Mercedes-Benz C 300 mild hybrid sedan and Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® sedan are the two models of the C-Class line that were launched the earliest on the market.
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz C 300 Sedan
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Sedan
2022 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC® SUV
This is a car that offers strong performance and excellent fuel economy. The SUV is very suitable for the needs of a large family.
2022 Mercedes-Benz E 450 4MATIC® Sedan
Similar to the GLE 450 4MATIC® SUV, this Sedan can accelerate from 0-100Km/h in just under 5 seconds.
2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
The Mercedes -Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® is a powerful, fuel-efficient SUV and a great choice for large families.
Benefits of Mercedes Hybrid Models
Hybrid cars use both an internal combustion engine and an electric motor in parallel, so they will use less fuel than a car using a conventional internal combustion engine. According to data from many car models with regular and hybrid versions, the hybrid version has 30 – 50% lower fuel consumption than the traditional engine version. This is one of the biggest advantages of hybrid cars.
Due to the combination of using electricity and heat to produce work, the amount of emissions released is less than that of traditional cars. According to a large car company providing data, hybrid cars can reduce emissions by 1.5 – 2 times compared to cars using internal combustion engines.
Smooth and quiet operation
Mercedes hybrid models operate more smoothly because most of the time the electric motor is running, especially when running at low speeds in urban areas. Besides, hybrid cars in general are also considered to operate and accelerate more smoothly and seamlessly due to the coordination between the electric motor and the internal combustion engine.
Mercedes Hybrid Models issue
Mercedes-Benz has integrated many hybrid technologies into their vehicle line to provide energy efficiency and reduce emissions. Although hybrid systems often offer many benefits, they can also present some problems. Here are some common problems on Mercedes hybrid cars:
- Battery Issues: The battery system is an important part of hybrid technology. Batteries can experience performance degradation over time, which can lead to reduced vehicle electrical capabilities and reduced energy efficiency. The battery may need to be replaced after a certain period of time.
- Control System Issues: The hybrid vehicle’s control system manages the movement between the gasoline engine and the electric motor. If there is a problem in this system, it can cause performance and fuel consumption problems.
- Sensor Failures: Hybrid vehicles use multiple sensors to monitor and control system operations. If the sensors are damaged, it can cause problems such as loss of power, the system not working properly, or inaccurate information.
- Charging System Issues: If the charging system is not working properly, the battery cannot be fully charged, resulting in complete loss of ability to operate in electric mode.
- Electric Motor Issues: Electric motors can also have problems, such as loss of power, loss of performance or starting problems.
- Cooling System Issues: The hybrid engine’s cooling system also needs to be properly maintained to ensure that both types of engines operate in hot conditions. ideal level.
To reduce the risk of problems and increase durability, it is important to perform regular maintenance and monitor for warning signs on the hybrid system. With these errors, you can use multi-function diagnostic machines or Xentry diagnostic software to read errors on the vehicle to identify errors and come up with repair plans more quickly and easily.
Note for Mercedes Hybrid Models
Experts have some notes for Mercedes Hybrid owners to increase the durability and longevity of the vehicle as follows:
- Priority should be given to EV Mode.
- Stepping on the accelerator gently and decisively will help the electric motor operate longer.
- Applying the brakes lightly and early will help restore the battery more quickly.
- When stopping at a red light, you should not put the gear lever to N because energy will not be recovered and the battery will enter a discharged state. If you stop for a long time, put the gear lever to P.
- When driving on open roads, highways… you should prioritize using the Cruise Control automatic throttle system.
- The internal air intake mode helps save more energy than the outside air intake mode when the car air conditioner is turned on.
Or you can refer to other problems in Mercedes cars to quickly find solutions such as: Mercedes Electrical Problems And Common Fault Codes
The Mercedes Hybrid models uses new technology and promises to solve the problem of currently scarce gasoline and oil fuel. Although it has high efficiency, users need to have a thorough maintenance plan during use. If you are having trouble with Hybrid engines, please contact WhatsApp: +13155472355 to receive direct support from Eurocartool experts.