Currently, many car owners want to change the speed limit for Mercedes. Each country will have its regulations on the vehicle’s maximum speed. Some countries allow driving at a high speed of over 200km/h, other countries do not allow a speed over 180km/h. Therefore, the factory has coded the speed limit Mercedes to run only at 180km/h and lower. If you want to drive at a higher speed, you need to unlock the vehicle’s speed limit, the speed can be up to 250 km/h. So how to do that? Let’s find out in this article!
The speed limit Mercedes changing process
To change the speed limit Mercedes or Vmax (Velocity Maximum), you need to prepare professional devices and software. Especially coding and repairing software needs to be used by experienced technicians to ensure a smooth and effective process.
* Note: Engine change will not adversely affect the engine power and can ensure the safety of the vehicle
- Vediamo or DTS Monaco software: Software for engineers, which is used for offline programming and coding when replacing a certain control box on the vehicle. Their functions include reading, clearing errors, resetting the control box, changing previous setting parameters of the control box, etc.
Watch more: Vediamo, DTS Monaco
- C4 device (Required): Diagnose all vehicle systems such as Automatic Transmission, manual transmission (AT, MT), Anti-lock braking system (ABS), Air conditioner system (A / C), Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), Anti-theft system (DASX), Remote lock control system (KEYLESS GO)…; Read and clear errors in all systems in-depth, etc.
See more: C4 device
Here are the steps to change the speed limit using Vediamo
Firstly, you need to connect the device, and software with the vehicle. It is necessary to always turn on the car key. It can cause battery drain so you also need to plug in the battery
Step 1: Open Vediamo software, then select Vecoute. Upload the CBF file from your computer
Step 2: Select System based on DIOGENES data, then select your car’s engine module. Example: MED40 on this car (unlock ME97 without the computer)
Step 3: Choose connection
Step 4: Type the request message “27 EB”, then you will see the response
Step 5: Open SeeD Calculator, type 4 codes in Seed as in the picture below.
Step 6: Copy 4 bytes in key and paste them into the request message in Vediamo as the picture
Step 7: Change “27 0B” into ’27 0C” then choose Send
Step 8: It’s accessible, select the Code for the variant of an ECU
Step 9: In the Service section, select VCD_Implizile _Variantenkodierung
Step 10: Select Vmax, then select 250km/h.
Let’s see the result
This is the maximum speed of the car at the beginning
This is the maximum speed of the car after changing the speed limit
We successfully changed the maximum speed from 200km to 250km. However, this is not the highest speed, we can change the maximum speed to 280km or 320km depending on the model.
Watch more video tutorial here: Car Diagnostic Software
Support from Eurocartool
Detailed steps to change the speed limit Mercedes were all mentioned in this article, you can do it on your own if you have enough equipment. However, if you don’t have enough devices and software or this is the first time you try, please contact us directly for detailed advice and a quick response to save time and money. There is a team of technicians with over 30 years of experience in repairing luxury cars at Eurocartool. We always stand ready to support you 24/7.
Special at Eurocartool !!!
With a professional technical team, we bring to you:
- 24/7 technical support service: Diagnosis, Coding-programing via teamviewer
- 1 year software warranty and lifetime support
- Free repair documents for new car models with full video instruction
- Limited edition manual written by Eurocartool’s technicians during the process of coding and programming offline Mercedes- Audi -….- BMW
Our Mercedes-Benz technicians will be available to assist you 24/7 anywhere via:
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: +84388951999